The farm was established in 1891 by the Gundlachs. The Gundlach family planted all of the trees that are here on the farm, including the pine trees along the lane in 1911. The Gundlachs lived here until the 1960s. At that time, the farm was sold to the Reilly family, who owned the farm until we purchased it in 2006, establishing Whispering Pines Farm.
After purchasing the farm, we put much effort and hard work into renovating the farm house. In 2007, we excavated the upper and lower ponds which are fed by a natural spring. In the winter of 2007, we designed the barn. An Amish family built the barn in 2008. We have continued to make many renovations and improvements to our farm, including the boat dock in 2008 and the machine shed in 2009. In 2014, we had a side porch built on the farm house. As a family, we enjoy working on our farm and plan to continue enhancing the natural beauty of the farm.